These make for super easy grab and go carbs for breakfast. Red potatoes are a good carb along with protein and good fats from the egg.
- 1 large red potato
- 2 tables spoons parmesan
- 1/4c. rice flour (regular flour is okay too, but rice is gluten free!)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Spray olive oil
- 1 egg
- Bring 4 quarts of water to boil on the stove.
- Cut red potato into super skinny shoe-string pieces
- Toss into water for no more than 60 seconds to blanch your potatoes. This will help them cook easier.
- Remove from water and blot dry.
- Add to a bowl, along with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rice flour, parmesan, and parsley.
- Mix together so that the mixture is sticky and can be pressed into small patties. Add more flour if needed.
- Heat a pan over medium heat on the stove with spray oil.
- Place fritters into pan and cook 3 minutes on each side until they are browned evenly.
- Remove and place on paper towel to absorb any access oil.