Happy first day of Summer! How am I celebrating? By meal prepping the summer-iest of all salads. Super fresh, lots of texture, and a little tang.
Ingredients for Salad:
- Romaine lettuce or spring mix (to your discretion)
- Strawberries (to your discretion)
- Blueberries (to your discretion)
- Almonds (to your discretion)
- 1 small sweet potato chopped
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 eggs
- Chicken breast
- 2 limes
- Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground pepper
- Flax seed (optional)
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/4c. Pear balsamic vinegar
- 1/4c. olive oil
- 1/2 a lime’s juice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 whole mint leaves
Directions for the Salad:
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cut sweet potato into bit size chunks.
- Roll in a tablespoon of olive oil, the honey, and a dash of salt.
- Place in oven, cook about 20 minutes or until a fork easily pierces the potato through.
- Meanwhile, cut chicken into bit size pieces. Place in a bowl with salt, pepper, and the juice of 1 whole lime. Set aside to marinate.
- Bring about 2 quarts of water to boil and boil your eggs for about 10 minutes.
- When it comes to all the fruits, nuts, and lettuce, cut up as much as you want and place into serving bowl.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet, and toss chicken on at medium heat. Cook until all pieces are cooked thoroughly.
- As chicken and eggs finish cooking, set aside to cool and peel eggs.
- Add to bowl.
Directions for the Dressing:
- Mix in a bowl, the olive oil, pear balsamic vinegar , pepper, and lime juice.
- Add mint leaves. *The mint oils will absorb into the oil the longer it sits.
I garnished this salad with flax seed and a couple extra mint leaves. Enjoy!