This is one nutrient packed breakfast bite. Avocado and egg yolks are sources of good fats, as well as protein from the egg as a whole. I am using organic, uncured bacon here, but turkey sausage or turkey bacon would be a healthier option.
*This meal in full is very high in fat, so my suggested serving size is 1/2 an avocado finished. Egg yolks can also be eliminated and another egg white can be added to lessen fat calories and increase protein.
- 1 large avocado
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice bacon, turkey bacon,
- Aluminum Foil
- Heat oven to 425
- In an oven safe bowl, create a cradle for your avocados out of aluminum foil so they will not spill over (trust me- lesson learned).
- Cut avocado in half. Take a spoon and dig out leaving only a 1/4″ around the edges and bottom.
- Place in aluminum-molded pan.
- Crack one egg into each avocado half.
- Pepper to preference.
- Place in oven and cook about 20 minutes or until egg whites are sufficiently cooked. The consistency of the egg is entirely up to you.
- Meanwhile, cook desired protein of choice (bacon here) and chop finely.
- Chop chives and set aside.
- Remove avocados from pan when cooked to desired consistency, and toss bacon and chives on top.
- Finish with Paprika (optional).